VOLUNTEER WAIVER OF LIABILITY
Why is Volunteering Important?
We all live in busy life with hours of work, school, and other things. Finding a time to volunteer is indeed not easy. But if you voluntarily make time for it; volunteer can give you huge benefits. The right volunteer can help you find new friends, reduce stress, learn new things, and also advance for a better career as well as help with college admission. Besides the huge benefits, why volunteer is important?
Volunteering provides basic help for those in need. It gives benefit for parties, volunteers and other people as well as the communities. It is true that the more time you spend for volunteer results in greater benefits, but it does not have to be in long term engagement. You can just allocate some hours of the week to volunteer. This is because giving back for other people should not be complicated but you still can have great benefits from it.
Gain new experiences – volunteering allows you to get involved in new things as well as develop new life skills that you cannot get in other places. It does not matter where you volunteer, be it at a local library, hospitals, or tutoring kids, volunteering gives you the chance to experience new situations and environments.
Help others and give back – you have to admit and grateful of your current life. There are lots of people out there who do not have the fortune and luxury. Volunteer offers better environments for other people. It creates better and healthier environment and also brightens their days. It does not matter how much hours you spend for volunteering; the matter is what you can give back to the communities and help others.
Build connections with people – building connections do not necessarily from the same age group or communities. The fact is building connections with other people is crucial. The connections make us human being. Volunteering helps you to create connections with the community. Even if you just help out with the tiniest task; it can make a huge difference for the community, people, and even pets in need. Especially if you are a naturally shy and usually have a hard time meeting people; volunteering gives you chance to develop and practice your social skills. It definitely helps you to get more active and open.
Advance career – if you engage with college admission or considering a new career, you can take the benefits of volunteering to build connections as well as meet new people. Volunteering gives you the experience of communication building, teamwork, project planning, problem-solving, and other skills which will be beneficial for your career. Charity work gives you the statement and more importantly a voice for your career life.
Bring fulfillment in life – volunteering is an easy and fun way to find your passion and interest. Doing charity work that matches with your passion makes you more relax and also energize your day. It helps you find motivation, creativity, and vision for professional and personal life.
Volunteering is easy; you just need to fulfill volunteer waiver agreement. The work includes release form for minors, helping seniors, take care of pets, and much more. Charity work can be great examples to spread good things because kindness does not cost a thing.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT WHICH AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY (the “Release”) executed on [DATE] _____________, 20_____, by __________________________ [PLEASE PRINT MINOR’S NAME], a minor child (the
“Participant”) and __________________________[PLEASE PRINT PARENT/GUARDIAN NAME], the parent having legal custody and/or the legal guardian of the Participant (the “Guardian”), in favor of the Liability Waiver, Inc. (“LW”), INC., a nonprofit corporation and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively “Releasees”). The Participant desires to volunteer at programs and activities conducted by the LW. As used in this Release, the terms “Volunteer”, “Participate” and “Participation” are intended to be used in their broadest sense and shall include any and all activities of any kind or nature, at any time and in any place that is performed by the Participant with the LW.
Parent/Guardian hereby grants consent for Participant to participate as a volunteer in LW activities. In consideration for the opportunity to volunteer in and to participate in LW activities, Participant does hereby freely, voluntarily and without duress execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. Participation does hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless LW and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from Participation. Participant understands that this Release discharges LW from any liability or claim that the Participant may have against LW with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, disability, property damage, incidental or consequential damages, punitive damages or special damages that may result from Participation, whether caused by the negligence of LW or its officers, directors, employees or agents, other LW volunteers, or otherwise. Participant also understands that LW does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial aid or other assistance, including but not limited to, medical, health or disability insurance except as LW has specifically disclosed in writing to the Participant.
2. Medical Treatment. Participant does hereby release and forever discharge LW from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid, treatment or service rendered by any person in connection with Participation.
3. Assumption of the Risk. Participant acknowledges that there are potential hazards (“Hazards”), known and unknown, involved in Participation. The term “Hazards” is intended to be used in its broadest sense and includes, but is not limited to natural hazards (land, weather, etc.) and man-made hazards (concrete, steel, etc.), food contamination, as well as hazards typical for playing gaming equipment and competitive games. The Participant understands and acknowledges that participation may include Hazards that could harm the Participant, and that such Hazards may or may not always be obvious. Participant hereby expressly and specifically assumes the risk of injury or harm for all such Hazards and releases LW from all liability for injury, illness, and death or property damage resulting from Participation.
4. Insurance. LW may elect, in its sole discretion, to provide group accident insurance for special projects. Any coverage so provided will be governed by the policy language. Except to the extent it makes available such group accident insurance, LW does not carry or maintain, and expressly disclaims responsibility for providing any health, medical or disability insurance coverage for the Participant. Participants are not to be deemed employees or agents of LW and LW shall not be responsible for the purchase of worker’s compensation insurance. EACH PARTICIPANT IS EXPECTED AND ENCOURAGED TO ARRIVE WITH MEDICAL OR HEALTH INSURANCE COVERAGE IN EFFECT. EACH PARTICIPANT EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE HAS BEEN NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AGREEMENT BY LW TO PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE OF ANY KIND TO THE PARTICIPANT.
5. Photographic Release. Participant, without entitlement to any additional compensation, does hereby grant and convey unto LW authorization to use in perpetuity, and all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by LW that depict Participant, including but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
6. Other. Participant expressly agrees that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by law. Participant agrees that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the validity of the remaining provisions of this Release shall continue to be enforceable.
7. General LW Program Participation Rules. Participant acknowledges reading and understanding the Participant Rules set forth below and agrees to fully conform to such Rules in connection with all Participation on or about LW operational sites.
Participant Rules for Minors
1. Only persons within the required age limit are permitted to serve as a volunteer within the LW. You must consult your desired LW center for the age limitation.
2. Minors under the age of 18 and within the required age limit must be accompanied by an adult, or have parental consent and waiver signed.
3. Minors under 18 will only volunteer when someone over the age of 18 is also on shift.
4. Appropriate clothing must be worn when serving with the LW; nothing deemed too revealing,
sexually explicit, or containing profane or offensive messages.
5. Wear footwear
6. No smoking.
7. No horseplay or violence.
8. No alcohol or illegal drugs.
9. Do not engage in illicit or sexual activity
10. The Participant shall be responsible for their own transportation to and from the Center or LW activities.
11. Food and drinks may not be taken into the computer or gaming areas
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Participant has executed this Release as of the day and year first above written.
Printed Name: ______________ Printed Name: ________________________
Signature: _______________ Signature: _______________________
Address: _______________________ Address: _________________________
Phone: (H) _________________ Phone: (H) ___________________________
Phone: (W) _________________ Phone: (W) ________________________
In case of emergency please contact:
Name: ______________________ Relationship: _____________ Phone: _______________
Street: ____________________________City: ________________________ State: _______
To download the free Liability waiver form in PDF format, please click Free Liability Waiver